Sunday, April 22, 2012

Learning in the School of Affliction

So take heart, suffering one. Someday you too will realize that it was worth it all. (1 Peter 1:7) – M. R. De Haan, MD

Dated April 21, 2012, I scanned the reading of the day in “Our Daily Bread.” Reading the lines, The most cheerful people I have met, with few exceptions, have been those who’ve had the least sunshine and the most pain and suffering in their lives” made me pause for a while and I tried checking myself. Like anyone else I strive to withstand the challenges of life. Some people would say that I am cheerful, worry-free and joyful. I must admit that I am but deep inside I am struggling. I have also met people who are very enthusiastic and cheerful. In moments of a heart to heart talk, only then that I realize that he/she too is trying to manage “seemingly” unbearable trials. Nevertheless, the joy that cheerful people share is extraordinary. I would thank them for bringing happiness in my life and for sharing the glimmer of hope that despite the problems, life is beautiful no matter what happens. I also thank God and for the people who find me cheerful amidst difficulties in life because somehow, I also make them happy the simplest way I can.


These lines got me inspired. “The Bible tells us that if we respond properly to the trials of life, we will develop patience and godly maturity. (Rom. 5:3-5; James 1:3-4). We must keep in mind that our present sufferings are but for a moment and that they are being used by God for our eternal good (2 Cor. 4:17-18).” Indeed, everything that we go through has a purpose and it is our attitude in responding to trials that matters. Moreover, all the hardships are just temporary and I know, these are God’s ways of making us stronger and honing our potentials to be better. We just have to be patient and faithful.







2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you had "Daily Bread." Such books as that really guides individuals the right way or shall I say healthy way of living these times. Thanks for the share. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks. I am also happy to have received this book from a friend... :-)

      Delete