Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Birthday Blog Part I: Sourcing Strength from my Family

Days from now, I will be turning 27 years old. Setting aside my excitement of what lies ahead, I would like to thank 7 important people in my life who made me what I am now today and who I will become in the future.
First on the list is my family.

Born to be the youngest of 8 siblings, I feel I was the most loved and cared :D – this is what every youngest kid would feel. I was given most of my parents’ attention and even that of my brothers and a sister. That was way then when I always cried for my needs to be satisfied. :D
Given the situation when family members had barely reached college, my love for education was developed. I used to be a consistent honor student from my primary years to college. My mother always had the privilege to pin me the ribbon or award me the medal. I had a goal then to finish a college degree in four years time so I could land a good job and be able to help them. With the help of my siblings who are with their respective families already, I was able to equip myself with the most basic needs a student can have. I must say that we are financially challenged and this has led me to aspire more for my family. Graduating college was my way of extending gratitude to my siblings and the award I received was dedicated to my parents for keeping me focused to my dreams.

I thank my Nanay who kept reminding me of our family’s future if I won’t do good in my studies. (Till now, I remain the single in the family with no intimate relationship with someone :D) I thank my Tatay, who was more than willing enough to give me his hard earned money from piggy bank so I could go to MSU, Marawi. I thank my siblings for supporting me financially. And I would thank my 14 nephews and nieces who serve as my additional source of inspiration.

 

To my family who believes in me, thank you so much. You are a source of strength to me and I wouldn’t be what I am now without your love and support. I admit I haven’t realized more of my dreams to give you a more comfortable life and this just keeps me going. Salamat kadayaw sa inyo tanan. I love you. God bless you…










2 comments:

  1. I will forever miss the pressure you've given us.
    Thank you for being so inspiring!
    I could never thank you enough.
    My journals during college days were filled of stories of activities you gave us.
    I feel blessed being one of your student.
    I miss you Sir!
    Please remember that you are my number 1 favorite Instructor!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jimnanie for expressing your gratitude. I appreciate it. I truly miss teaching and I'm excited to meet a new batch of students in MSU.

      Continue doing good in your studies. God bless :-)

      Delete